==>Q1: What is one technology tool you use each day as a school counselor and how?
- Does the ipad count? I use it for lessons, taking notes, researching stuff quick, my calendar, my to-do list....
- I use the student data portal to check student attendance and grades.
- Google docs for creating forms, collecting data, etc.
- My favorite tech tool is @googledrive! I love that I can easily collaborate with others! I use it daily!
- We are also working on using an excel spreadsheet to track student attendance and collect data on school performance.
- Google drive/Dropbox/Sky to collaborate as a department on various curriculum, scheduling and presentations. Love it!
- I use excel for all of my tracking, scheduling, notes I'm hoping incorporate iPad in the future!
- I also use EZ-Analyze time tracker every day, too
==>Q2: What is your favorite tech device or tool to use for collecting data? Share how you use it.
- I love creating surveys in @googledrive forms! They are very user friendly and are able to be embedded into a website!
- Right now I use iPad and One Note. I still have to transfer the info but it is handy and easy to access.
- We also use survey monkey.
- Ez-Analyze's Time Tracker is a great way to track hours. I also love google docs for surveys-I did 4 surveys this week alone!
- Check out the blog post by @andreajburston about using an iPad for Minute Meetings using google forms: http://jyjoynercounselor.blogspot.com/2012/09/minute-mtgs-w-tech-spin.html
==>Q3: What is your favorite tech device or tool to use in individual counseling? Share how you use it!
- Sounds silly, but I got a lot of use out of a simple timer app on my phone!
- At this time, I've only used a few websites with games-usually anti-bullying stuff.
- A countdown of how much time they have left in your office helps them to transition. Plus who doesn't love funny alarm sounds?!
- Check out this list of apps that @andreajburston suggests for#schoolcounselors! She is the #schoolcounselor iPad guru!
==>Q4: What is your favorite tech tool or device to use in group counseling? Share how you use it
- I like using wordle and tagzedo to summarize what we've learned/explored/talked about. My 4th/5th grade girls love it!
- I also use fotovidea to make slideshows. It is great to pass on to the boe and admin
- I like using Prezi to do short lessons or presentations in a small group or one on one.
==>Q5: What is your favorite tech tool or device to use in classroom lessons? Share how you use it
- @prezi! I can throw together a quick prezi to intro or review a lesson.
- I use a program called Guidance Direct. It is for career and college planning.
- I recently was trained in the basics of using a @SMART_Techinteractive whiteboard! It was really cool!
- Interactive whiteboards can be a great tool for#schoolcounselors to utilize in the classroom!
- I also am an old fashioned PowerPoint girl.
- smarttech.com has tutorials and tons of resources!
- My university offers FREE trainings for faculty and grad students!
- We have promethian boards. I use it for scheduling.
- Another brand of interactive whiteboard is @PrometheanUSA they have tons of info/resources on prometheanworld.com
- Next year I am getting a large screen tv that they are supposed to link to my iPad so I can use it like a smartboard.
==>Q6: What area of your job do you wish you could integrate technology into more?
- I would set two goals. One would be my planning. This summer I plan to explore ways to organize time, collect data, etc.
- Communicating to parents
- Planning on going to the @ASCAtweets #asca13 conference? Lots of tech tools will be shared in Web 2.0 & Tech Smackdown session!
- The Harlem Shake App for iPhone is awesome.
- I used it to make a video for our kids for a Pep Rally. It's free, easyset up and creates a video for you.
- Don't forget abt @scopeistech4scs for tech needs!
Do you have school counseling tech ideas to add to the conversation?? Comment below or tweet using #escchat hashtag!